Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Blogging @ Lunchtime

14 working days to go, the countdown to my last day at Nipuna has begun. However, this post is not about Nipuna but about lunch! It is the most important hour or so (can be less or MORE!!) during the workday because of many reasons.

 

For starters, your boss can’t stop you from going for lunch. If it’s not your day, this time is the best time to take a break and clear up your mind. It is the best time to catch up on gossip too (Why do you think the cafeteria is always so noisy?). For some people it is the extra hour to work. Yes, WORK!!, while for some it’s siesta time (I remember those days when I used to sleep in my car during the lunch break). For the guys who are just about to get married, it is the uninterrupted one hour of cootchie cooing… and for working guys going to take their GMAT (like I did) it is the one hour of studies for the day…

 

Now, wasn’t I suppose to be focusing on lunch.. hmm…. When I think of lunch, I am reminded of my school. The lunch used to be awesome and we used to wait eagerly for the Friday CUTLETS!!! Ask a HPS guy about Friday lunch and he will say CUTLETS! The next great lunch thingy that comes to mind is the unfixed lunch at Mainland China. There was a time when my colleagues used to ask me if I was a brand ambassador for Mainland China. Then there is the Sunday lunch at home. Mom’s lunch wins the prize I guess. Nothing to beat it. Rasam, Sambar, Roast Potato or some other Tuber and pappadums, and the list goes on..

 

Lunch during the next one year at ISB is going to be something, when I will most probably be spending more time using the break for other thingy’s rather than lunching… Let’s see… But I want to cook.. Cutlets, Rasam, Pappadums, and the list goes on….

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How can I not comment on this post... cutlets!!!! You want to do lunch one of these days in school??

Kunzie said...

Hey .. Even I am a CA who is considering whether I should pursue an MBA. Must say, your blog is very helpful, specially since you have shared some practical experiences in the classroom as well as with your peer group. Thanks!