Sunday, May 20, 2007

लूस कण्ट्रोल

अपनी तो पाठशाला, मस्ती कि पाठशाला..........

Well thats the first 36 days at ISB for me. Just finsinshed my ECO assignment, so thought of taking a break and yes, for the fist time in 36 days, I did think that I have the time to pen down a few lines... Well that's me... the typical taurean, lazy is thy middle name.

Time is flying by and there are only 11 months or even less to go before graduation day!! and maybe a month or two fewer before our future employers make offers to us.. At ISB be rest assured that you will not know how time flies by.

I reached campus on 14th at around 2 PM and from 3PM to 630PM or so I was busy with completing all formalities. Sushant, my buddy from school was with me to hep me out. I was relieved from my duties by my last employer at 10 PM the previous night (BTW, I was on call up to 2 AM), so I didn't have the time to take a back up of my Laptop data. When I was told that I had to give my laptop for formating on the day of arrival I panicked. Lucky me, Sushant was carrying a 2GB pen drive. So I quickly took a dump of the data and handed over the laptop to the IT folks. Only did I realize later that they only reformat your C Drive. THEY DON'T FIDDLE WITH THE PARTITIONS ON YOUR DRIVE. SO IF YOU HAVE ANY IMPORTANT DATA ON ANY OTHER DRIVE IT WONT GET LOST.

The next one week was orientaiton week. Lot's of fun is on the cards during this week. Lot's of bonding activities, inter section games, competitions et all.. BTW, I am in section E... and our slogan goes ROCK E..... ROCK E.... The previous section E folks had a funny slogan which went something like EEEE----HO... EEEEE---HO.... Doesn't it sound familiar!! We dumped it straight away.. Our section has lots of talent... We did pretty well in the outdoor sports, but were at the bottom of the table overall.. But that doesn't matter, we still ROCK....

Pre terms started in week 2 and we got our first experience of what life will be at ISB. Honestly the pre terms were not of much use. I suggest that guys who plan to enrol next time round, do a read of some of the recommended texts for Stats and Quant (I took these). Heard that account pre term was decent. For Stat, buy a Levin Rubin.. It's worth it and is easy to digest. Spend an hour a day with Stats and Quants during your one month before ISB and you will notice the difference in Term 1. I will write more on the pre terms later.

Term 1 starded on April 30 and our first mid terms are thru.. Waiting for the results now.. and also doing the pre reads for the coming week. The GSB election process has started and there are a couple who have thrown their hats in the ring. Let's see what happens...

In between all this, I had my most wonderful experience on campus. I was woken up at 12 in the night on my birthday.. Friends were there to wish me.. and to complete a ritual at ISB... i.e., DUNK the Birthday BOY/GIRL in the swimming pool... Sushant was there with a birthday cake. Dunking is truly a great experience..... All you folks who dunked me... love u guys.... Thanks for making me feel special.. Well these are the moments which help you survive the rigour at ISB, so be a part of every such moment.

I gave myself fifteen minutes to write and I realise that this blog is getting a lil bit unwieldy and is not having a proper flow. Guys this is what happens to you at ISB.. So many things to do.. so little time... you have to plan... plan ..... plan.... to get things right.....

I am going to stop now... I will try and post more regularly on the happenings at ISB (Weekly basis). See, better planning already.. and my blogs will surely read better..

Before sigining off.... I must tell the reader that I have met some great folks at ISB.. and I guess many will be friends for a long time from now onwards... Particularly our ROCK E's....

No comments: