Saturday, March 24, 2007

When Dreams come crashing... Yet I keep dreaming

As I write this blog, I am witnessing one of my long cherished dreams coming down crashing, yet again. Yup, I am watching India exit the World Cup 2007 and I will have to wait 4 more years to see the men in blue make another attempt to lift the coveted trophy.

It was 1983. India Vs West Indies. The World Cup final. India took first strike and scored 183. I lost all hope and went to sleep. My brother stayed awake and watched every ball of the windies innings. He didn't bother to disturb his kid brother till the match was over. Even though we had won, I didn't see the winning moments live and since then, every 4 years I start dreaming that I will see India win the World Cup, and every time my dreams come crashing.

Tomorrow will be a dull day for me. Its always been one after an Indian loss. It's been 24 years now since I first started dreaming. In a few days time I know I will start dreaming again. Some may call me foolish but then that's me. I'll keep dreamin...

No comments: